Highest performing laser ablation chamber on the market
Optimal positional reproducibility over large working area
- <2 % RSD for a wide suite of elements in all positions in the chamber making the entire sample chamber usable.
- Standard chamber working area is 100 mm x 100 mm with large format version (150 mm x 150 mm) available allowing many or large samples.
- Unique Typhoon purge mechanism with dedicated bottom purge outlet for complete purge in <5 minutes – consume less gas and achieve faster time to result.
- Washout time of 700 ms for 2 orders of magnitude decay, tunable via addition of signal smoother or Dual Concentric Injector (DCI).
- Pinch valve for minimal aerosol disruption and easy cleaning compared to solenoids.
- Leak-free operation with no complex corner seal.
Unsurpassed stage return accuracy
- High precision cross-roller stages with direct, non-cantilevered stage mounting for consistent loading at all stage positions – less wear and tear on stages.
- Return exactly to the location of original pattern placement – analyze where you intend to.
- <1.5 µm short term stage return accuracy
- <4 µm long term stage return accuracy
- <1 µm long term stage return accuracy with ImageLock
The TwoVol2 ablation chamber is compatible with many options for specialized applications
- CryoCell for wet tissue and fluid inclusion analysis
- Dual Concentric Injector (DCI) for 10X improved washout times
- Large Format (150 mm x 150 mm) option available
- Deep volume option (100 x 100 x 52 mm) for thicker and irregular shaped samples
- Signal Smoothers
- Sample Chamber Inserts (spring loaded and custom options)
Additional Laser Ablation Accessories
Automated energy calibration in a class 1 laser environment.
Enables controlled and stable splitting of the LA generated aerosol and subsequent transport to multiple ICPMS or OES detection systems.
Provides a clean, rapidly cooled sample space for controlled analysis of samples requiring sub-zero temperatures, with an efficient switch to and from CryoCell applications.
Fits seamlessly into the ESL platform in a laser-safe Class 1 environment through an innovative design by University College London.
The first ablation chamber to provide <1 ms peak widths for both refractory and biological matrices to enable the highest resolution imaging experiments.
Performance enhancing upgrades for improved imaging analysis.
Add an enclosure to your MicroMill2 to minimize sample contamination and enhance laboratory safety.