A versatile fusion and heating system for MS applications.
The MIR102 uses a continuous wave CO2 laser, with a 10.6 micron wavelength, to enable stepped heating of samples for analyte introduction into an Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometer (IRMS). The classic application of the system is 40Ar-39Ar geochronology using a noble gas mass spectrometer.
MIR102 – A powerful evolution of the highly acclaimed original MIR10.
- Now available in both 30W and 55W power outputs
- A modernized and on-axis high resolution microscope system for unmatched sample viewing and clarity
- Now using Elemental Scientific Lasers’ highly successful, feature packed, ActiveView2 software with a modern User Interface (UI) and designed with an emphasis on ease of use and workflow promotion.
- Step-wise heating from 1W to max with 1000s of energy levels available
- Software controlled iris enables spot sizes from ~150 microns to < 5 mm
- High precision XYZ stages with < 1 micron resolution.
Table of Specifications
|Laser||Coherent Diamond C-30L (30W option)
Coherent Diamond C-55L (55W option)
RF-excited water cooled CO2 laser with controller and power supply
|Cooling||Water cooling required. Interlock included|
|Energy Control||Stepwise heating possible by energy variation from 1W to maximum with >1000 energy levels possible|
|Energy Measurement||Realtime energy readout, calibrated to sample surface|
|Spot Size||100 micron to 3000 micron via software controlled iris.
Extendable to > 5500 microns
|XYZ Stage||High precision 50 mm x 50 mm x 50 mm|
|Stage Resolution||< 1 micron|
|Motion Control||Floating gantry in which the entire system moves relative to a static sample chamber (not provided)|
|Viewing||On-axis, high resolution, CCD|
|Zoom||6x software controlled zoom|
|Lighting||High intensity LED “Ring” and “Coaxial”
Software controlled variable intensity
|PC and Software||Win 10 based
Class leading, ActiveView2 featuring image import
|General||Class 4 laser device|