The TwoVol3 is the first ablation chamber to provide < 1 ms peak widths for both refractory and biological matrices to enable the highest resolution imaging experiments to proceed in the shortest possible timeframe.
Patented user switchable modes
- Can be readily converted by the user to a second “Analytical Mode” in which peak widths are more fit for purpose for non-imaging experiments
- Enables fully resolved pixel acquisition up to 1 kHz
- Allows a variety of applications to be performed without limiting data quality
- 1) Imaging Mode – for highest resolution imaging in the shortest time
- 2) Analytical Mode- for unmatched spatial reproducibility to limit variation (< 1%) in elemental and isotopic ratio determination
- When combined with Elemental Scientific Lasers’ Dual Concentric Injector (DCI) technology a truly linear aerosol path from ablation site to ICP is achieved.
- Featuring Elemental Scientific Lasers’ Typhoon purge mechanism for the fastest and most efficient removal of atmospheric gases.
- Innovative and patented internal gas valving system.
- Symmetrical gas flow system enables gas outlet on both the left and right of the TwoVol3 depending upon the location of the ICP.
Innovative XY stage
- Fast, nano-grade, 100mm x 100mm XY stages provide 10 nm accuracy
- Internal Z stage enables optimization of sample surface to “cup” geometry
- Truly fixed internal geometry
The TwoVol3 ablation chamber is compatible with many options for specialized applications
- CryoCell for wet tissue and fluid inclusion analysis
- Dual Concentric Injector (DCI) for 10X improved washout times
- Signal Smoothers
- A variety of sample chamber inserts for sample accommodation